This annual show & sale will be held Saturday, April 30th and Sunday, May 1st, 2022, 10am – 4:30pm at the Carleton Place Arena – Rink 2 (new location this year), 75 Neelin Street, Carleton Place. There is no admission fee and lots of free parking.
Deadline for applications is January 31, 2022. Application Now Closed
The show can accommodate 40-55 artist. The event will showcase predominantly wall art (oil, acrylic, aquarelle, charcoal, mixed media, watercolour, pencil art, photography, etc.). Other forms of art will be considered.
Four booth sizes are offered this year using 6 foot artist’s grids. All are 4′ deep, with 8′, 10′, 12′ or 14′ widths. Booth sharing is not permitted.
Vendor setup is scheduled for Friday, April 29th from 10am to 4pm.
Vendor Application Process – Please read all conditions and information carefully
1. Complete an Expression of Interest (EOI) which includes upload of a Biography and 4 images of your recent work at this link: Application Closed
(Required information for each properly referenced image file should include title, media and size. Image files must be at least 1200 pixels on the long side but no larger than 1MB. Providing quality images will assist in the review process.)
2. Participants must be members in good standing of Arts Carleton Place for 2022 at the time of submission of the EOI. The 2022 membership form is available at this link Membership.
3. Applications will be juried in early February and artists will be notified shortly thereafter of the status of their application. Payment of booth fee and volunteer deposit will be due at that time for successful applicants.
Conditions of Participation
Paintings and wall hangings (regardless of media).
- All original artwork on the kiosk’s walls must be ‘hang ready’.
- Regular width canvases (3/4″) must be framed, ‘gallery wrapped’ canvases must be painted on the edges.
- A low threshold art price, of $0.80 per square inch, is required. Underpricing art is discouraged.
- All images on the kiosk’s walls, regardless of size, must be hang ready.
- Be ‘limited editions’ of 15 or less, regardless of size or media.
- Have a certificate of authenticity indicating the numbering of the piece.
- Include at least one (1) ‘one-of-a-kind’ edition piece measuring at a minimum of 800 sq. inches (one piece not to be reproduced in future in any size or media).
- Be an original design within a particular art jewellery style or cultural tradition. Pieces should be one-of-a-kind.
- At least 75% of the content of the piece should be handcrafted by the artist in a studio. Chains and ear-wires would be excluded from the 75% because these only support the design. Bonus if the chains are part of the workmanship.
- All work must be original and one of kind (no mold reproductions or pattern replications).
Secondary Products for all Artists
Unframed prints and art cards may be offered for sale at one small table display not larger than 2’x4′. Table to be provided by artist and must stay within booth area. ‘Prints’ include signed and numbered limited edition prints by printmakers & photographers. Limited Editions are required to be 15 or less. No art reproductions may be sold.
No other secondary products are permitted.
All participating artists must contribute at least 2.5 hours of volunteer time toward the duties of producing a successful show. On the application form, applicants MUST select from a list of volunteer activities related to the show. A volunteer deposit of $30 is added to the booth registration fee and will be refunded after the show for those completing their volunteer tasks. All artists are asked to promote the show through their social media activities.
Additional Show Information
The deadline for completion of the EOI, with upload of files, is January 31, 2022. The reviewing committee will make their selections by February 8th with notice to artists shortly thereafter, at which time the registration fee will be due for successful applicants.
Art sale payments will be taken at a central cash, with a small commission to ACP of 8% in support of ACP’s bursary program. Sales reconciliation and electronic money transfers to artists will be completed within 7 days of the end of the show.
A light lunch of chili or soup, crackers/buns and desserts will be available for purchase, on both show days, on a cost recovery basis. (Covid-19 permitting) Coffee and tea (environmentally friendly tap water) available any time. Food allergies and sensitivities cannot be accommodated.
ACP had sales of $18,000 at its last show and set records for sales and attendance.
If you have any questions please contact Suzanne at email@example.com.